Vergennes is a unique community with an extraordinary location on Otter Creek in Addison County. We are centrally located between Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains, the City of Burlington and Middlebury College. Our historic downtown will tempt you with great restaurants and locally owned shops. Our architecture will remind you of 19th century New England. Our citizens love living here and enjoy sharing their community. On behalf of the citizens and employees of the City of Vergennes, we look forward to meeting you and hope you enjoy your visit.
New on Vergennes.org
- City Council Minutes 09-11-2018 - VERGENNES CITY COUNCIL MEETING September 11, 2018 MINUTES Mayor Renny Perry called the regular meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. at the Vergennes Fire Station. Those in attendance were: Mayor Renny Perry Shannon Haggett Deputy Mayor Jeffrey Fritz Bret Rakowski Alderman David Austin Julianne Jones Alderman Lowell Bertrand Carrie Macfarlane Alderman Mark Koenig Doug McKain … Continue reading City Council Minutes 09-11-2018
- Rt 22A Truck Traffic Public Meeting September 26, 7PM - Route 22A is one of the busiest truck routes in Vermont. The City of Vergennes has proportionally more large trucks travelling through its downtown than any other comparably sized municipality in Vermont. The Addison County Regional Planning Commission and the Vermont Agency of Transportation have commissioned a study to assess options for reducing the impacts … Continue reading Rt 22A Truck Traffic Public Meeting September 26, 7PM
- Development Review Board Minutes 9-17-2018 - DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD MINUTES REGULAR MEETING MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 Members Present: Brent Rakowski, Vice-Chair, Tim Cook, Jason Mullin, Steve Rapoport, Teresa Hyndman, Don Peabody, alternate – Lowell Bertrand Members Absent: Jason Farrell Guests: No guests were present. Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon Vice-Chair Brent Rakowski called the regular meeting to order at 7 p.m. … Continue reading Development Review Board Minutes 9-17-2018
- Missed the Public Forum? Watch it online! - Missed the Municipal Development Plan Public Forum? Thanks to Vermont Community Access Media (VCAM), it’s now available online! Public Forum Video And, here’s the Public Form Slide Presentation [.pdf] The City’s Planning Commission hosted a Public Forum on Thursday, September 13, 2018 regarding potential land use zoning and policy changes to the Municipal Development Plan for … Continue reading Missed the Public Forum? Watch it online!
- Thank You from the Planning Commission - Thank you to everyone who attended the Planning Commission’s public forum on September 13, 2018! While we may not have reached consensus on all issues, the tenor of the discussion was fabulous. Everyone who participated was respectful and civil, and the discussions were lively and informative. The number of people participating exceeded our expectations. It … Continue reading Thank You from the Planning Commission