The City of Vergennes is seeking a city manager. Vergennes (pop. 2,500) is Vermont’s oldest city and has a city charter and council-manager form of government. Close to the shores of Lake Champlain and an easy drive to Burlington and Middlebury, Vergennes is a thriving community situated in the heart of the Champlain Valley.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of general municipal operations, practices and procedures, including applicable laws and regulations; budgeting, accounting and related procedures; grant and funding sources; personnel management; project management; community planning and development; and conflict resolution. He or she will be able to make recommendations and communicate effectively with municipal officials, state and federal organizations, and the public. The city manager oversees 17 full-time employees and an annual operating of budget of $2,138,942.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field (advanced degree preferred), 5-10 years of progressive experience in municipal government, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This is a full-time position with some evening, weekend, and holiday hours required. Salary is $70,000 to $85,000 DOQ/E. The city provides an exceptional 100% employer-paid benefits package.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references by July 9, 2018, to email@example.com. Please note where you saw this ad.
Full job description: City Manager [.pdf]]
New on Vergennes.org
- Planning Commission Minutes 06-04-2018 - CITY OF VERGENNES PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES REGULAR MEETING MONDAY, JUNE 4, 2018 Members Present: Shannon Haggett-Chair, Mike Winslow-Vice Chair, Danelle Birong, Cheryl Brinkman, Tim Cook, Christine Garrow, Carrie Macfarlane Members Absent: John Coburn Also Present: Mel Hawley, Zoning Administrator Shannon called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. He asked if there were any … Continue reading Planning Commission Minutes 06-04-2018
- Development Review Board 06-18-2018 - AGENDA City of Vergennes Development Review Board City Hall Regular Meeting June 18, 2018 6 p.m. Site Visit Scott Hardy Comfort Hill 7 p.m. City Hall Public Hearing – Dr. Maja Zimmerman and Peter Voorhees (Owner), Boys and Girls Club of Greater Vergennes (Applicant), 20 Armory Lane, Change Use from Medical Services Facility to Community … Continue reading Development Review Board 06-18-2018
- City Council Agenda 06-12-2018 - CITY OF VERGENNES, VERMONT REGULAR MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL June 12, 2018 5:30 p.m. Fire Station Meeting Room AGENDA 5:30: 1. Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance, Amendments to Agenda 5:40: 2. Visitors 5:45: 3. Approval of Minutes and Warrant* 5:50: 4. Citizen’s Comments (Issues not otherwise on agenda) 5:55: 5. Business: Easement to … Continue reading City Council Agenda 06-12-2018
- City Council Minutes 05-22-2018 - VERGENNES CITY COUNCIL MEETING May 22, 2018 MINUTES At 5:00 p.m. Mayor Renny Perry, Senior Alderman Jeff Fritz, Aldermen David Austin, Lowell Bertrand, Matthew Chabot, Mark Koenig, Lynn Donnelly, City Manager Mel Hawley, City Clerk Joan Devine, Lee Shorey (VUHS faculty member), Carson Hoffmann (student), and Tyler Quesnel (student) conducted a site visit at the … Continue reading City Council Minutes 05-22-2018
- Job Posting: Interim Zoning Administrator (June 2018) - Position Description: Interim Zoning Administrator The City of Vergennes seeks a part-time (up to 12 hours weekly) public service professional to carry out duties related to zoning and planning. Apply with detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject title Vergennes ZA.