Vergennes is a unique community with an extraordinary location on Otter Creek in Addison County. We are centrally located between Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains, the City of Burlington and Middlebury College. Our historic downtown will tempt you with great restaurants and locally owned shops. Our architecture will remind you of 19th century New England. Our citizens love living here and enjoy sharing their community. On behalf of the citizens and employees of the City of Vergennes, we look forward to meeting you and hope you enjoy your visit.
New on Vergennes.org
- Development Review Board Agenda, 11-18-19 - AGENDA City of Vergennes – Development Review Board Regular Meeting, November 18, 2019 City Hall, 7 PM Amendments to the Agenda Public Hearing – To consider the request by Didier and Julianne Murat to demolish part of a porch and make other exterior alterations to the existing structure at 104 South Water Street. The request … Continue reading Development Review Board Agenda, 11-18-19
- Draft Planning Commission Minutes, 11-4-2019 - CITY OF VERGENNES DRAFT PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2019 Members Present: Shannon Haggett-Chair, Mike Winslow-Vice Chair, Danelle Birong, Carrie Macfarlane, Tim Cook, John Coburn, Cheryl Brinkman Also Present: Peter Garon, Zoning Administrator Chair Shannon Haggett called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. There were no amendments to the agenda proposed. However … Continue reading Draft Planning Commission Minutes, 11-4-2019
- City Council Meeting 11-12-2019 - CITY OF VERGENNES, VERMONT REGULAR MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL November 12, 2019 5:30 p.m. Vergennes City Hall AGENDA 1. Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance, Amendments to Agenda 2. Visitors 3. Approval of Minutes and Warrant 4. Business: a. Sewer Rate Discussion b. Basin Task Force Committee Openings c. Charter Change Review d. VLCT … Continue reading City Council Meeting 11-12-2019
- Planning Commission Agenda, 11-4-19 - AGENDA City of Vergennes Planning Commission Regular Meeting Vergennes City Hall November 4, 2019 7:00 p.m. Amendments to Agenda 5 min Hear Visitors 5 min Approve Minutes to Regular Meeting of 10/07/2019 5 min Discussion of Possible Non-substantive Correction to Regulations 10 min Annual Meeting 15 min Election of Officers (Chair, Vice-Chair and Clerk) Review … Continue reading Planning Commission Agenda, 11-4-19
- Draft Development Review Board Minutes, 10-21-19 - Draft Development Review Board Minutes Regular Meeting October 21, 2019 Members Present: Chair Brent Rakowski, Vice-Chair Don Peabody, Steve Rapoport, Tim Cook, Carrie Macfarlane, Teresa Hyndman, Jason Mullin Guests: Julianne Murat, Helene Murphy, James Amblo, Hazel Rakowski Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon Chair Brent Rakowski convened the meeting at 7 P.M. There were no changes … Continue reading Draft Development Review Board Minutes, 10-21-19