Vergennes is a unique community with an extraordinary location on Otter Creek in Addison County. We are centrally located between Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains, the City of Burlington and Middlebury College. Our historic downtown will tempt you with great restaurants and locally owned shops. Our architecture will remind you of 19th century New England. Our citizens love living here and enjoy sharing their community. On behalf of the citizens and employees of the City of Vergennes, we look forward to meeting you and hope you enjoy your visit.
New on Vergennes.org
- Emergency Council Meeting 3-25-2020 Update - The Executive Order issued the Governor Scott restricts the City from holding a physical location for the public to join the meeting. Therefore, the entire meeting will be held remotely via Zoom. Information to enter the meeting is below: The meeting will be held remotely via Zoom on 3/25 at 6PM. CLICK HERE TO ENTER … Continue reading Emergency Council Meeting 3-25-2020 Update
- Emergency Council Meeting 3-25-2020 - An Emergency Council Meeting has been scheduled for March 25, 2020 at 6PM. The topic of conversation will be the COVID-19 pandemic. The meeting will be held remotely via Zoom. CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE MEETING OR Dial in by phone: Call: 1 (929) 436-2866 Meeting ID: 167 816 037
- Planning Commission Agenda, April 6, 2020 - AGENDA City of Vergennes – Planning Commission Regular Meeting, April 6, 2020 The regular meeting of the Planning Commission for April 6, 2020 has been cancelled. The next meeting will be May 4, 2020 at City Hall. A full agenda will be published at a later date.
- Proposed Schedule Change: Main Street Resurfacing Project - VTrans is looking to change the Main Street paving schedule in light of recent events. Whereas the project was not to take place downtown before memorial day, VTrans is looking to take advantage of the recent decline in social activity by doing construction on Main Street during this time. Basically, VTrans would like to start … Continue reading Proposed Schedule Change: Main Street Resurfacing Project
- Draft Development Review Board Minutes, Regular Meeting March 16, 2020 - Draft Development Review Board Minutes Regular Meeting, March 16, 2020 Members Present: Chair Brent Rakowski, (Steve Rapoport, Carrie Macfarlane, Tim Cook, Vice-Chair Don Peabody – all by phone) Absent: Jason Mullin, Theresa Hyndman Guests: Mel Hawley, Leonard Duffy by phone, Nadia Dole by phone Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon Chair Brent Rakowski convened the meeting … Continue reading Draft Development Review Board Minutes, Regular Meeting March 16, 2020