Vergennes is a unique community with an extraordinary location on Otter Creek in Addison County. We are centrally located between Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains, the City of Burlington and Middlebury College. Our historic downtown will tempt you with great restaurants and locally owned shops. Our architecture will remind you of 19th century New England. Our citizens love living here and enjoy sharing their community. On behalf of the citizens and employees of the City of Vergennes, we look forward to meeting you and hope you enjoy your visit.
New on Vergennes.org
- City Council Meeting Agenda 12-18-2018 - CITY OF VERGENNES, VERMONT REGULAR MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL December 18, 2018 5:30 p.m. Fire Station Meeting Room AGENDA 1. Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance, Amendments to Agenda 2. Visitors 3. Approval of Minutes and Warrant* 4. Citizen’s Comments (Issues not otherwise on agenda) 5. Business: R&L Rubbish Itinerant Vendor License * Appointment … Continue reading City Council Meeting Agenda 12-18-2018
- Vergennes Trash and Recycling - TRASH AND RECYCLING COSTS/ VERGENNES DROPOFF EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2019 HOURS OF OPERATION AND LOCATION REMAIN THE SAME BUNDLED PRICING (RESIDENT BRINGS BOTH TRASH AND RECYCLING) 1-20 POUNDS $4.00 21-35 POUNDS $5.00 36-45 POUNDS $6.00 (EQUAL AMOUNTS OF RECYCLING ARE INCLUDED IN THIS CHARGE) RECYCLING ONLY 1-20 POUNDS $2.00 21-30 POUNDS $3.00 31-40 POUNDS $4.00 … Continue reading Vergennes Trash and Recycling
- Planning Commission Minutes 12-3-2018 - CITY OF VERGENNES PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES REGULAR MEETING MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2018 Members Present: Shannon Haggett-Chair, Mike Winslow-Vice Chair, Danelle Birong, Cheryl Brinkman, Tim Cook, Christine Garrow, Carrie Macfarlane, John Coburn Also Present: Peter Garon, Zoning Administrator Shannon called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. He asked if there were any proposed amendments … Continue reading Planning Commission Minutes 12-3-2018
- Planning Commission Agenda 12-3-2018 - AGENDA City of Vergennes Planning Commission Regular Meeting Vergennes City Hall December 3, 2018 7:00 p.m. Amendments to Agenda 5 min Hear Visitors 5 min Approve Minutes to Regular Meeting of 11/05/2018 5 min Paving Project Recommendations from the Downtown-Basin Master Plan 30 min Review of Sections 1.1 and 4.1 of the Plan 30 min … Continue reading Planning Commission Agenda 12-3-2018
- City Council Minutes 11-27-2018 - VERGENNES CITY COUNCIL MEETING NOVEMBER 27, 2018 MINUTES Mayor Renny Perry called the regular meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. at the Vergennes Fire Station. Those in attendance were: Mayor Renny Perry Police Chief George Merkel Deputy Mayor Jeffrey Fritz Sergeant Jason Ouellette Alderman David Austin Corporal Patrick Greenslet Alderman Lowell Bertrand Officer Adam O’Neill Alderman … Continue reading City Council Minutes 11-27-2018