Vergennes is a unique community with an extraordinary location on Otter Creek in Addison County. We are centrally located between Lake Champlain, the Green Mountains, the City of Burlington and Middlebury College. Our historic downtown will tempt you with great restaurants and locally owned shops. Our architecture will remind you of 19th century New England. Our citizens love living here and enjoy sharing their community. On behalf of the citizens and employees of the City of Vergennes, we look forward to meeting you and hope you enjoy your visit.
New on Vergennes.org
- Recreation Committee Meeting 2-13-2019 - MINUTES/ DRAFT City of Vergennes Recreation Committee Regular Meeting Vergennes City Hall February 13, 2019 6:00 p.m. Members Present: Tim Cook, Matt DeBlois ,Lynne Rapoport, Lynn Donnelly, Linda Hawley, Sierra Bertrand, Anna Rakowski, Summer Chabot, Jake Kadric Visitor Present: Dave Austin, .Marilyn Heble, Kristine Debellis, John Peters, Jill Murray-Killion, Heather Simmons, Tim Clark Amendments to … Continue reading Recreation Committee Meeting 2-13-2019
- Development Review Board Minutes 2-18-2019 - DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD MINUTES REGULAR MEETING FEBRUARY 18, 2019 Members Present: Chair Brent Rakowski, Vice-Chair Don Peabody, Steve Rapoport, Teresa Hyndman, Jason Mullin. Members Absent: Jason Farrell, Time Cook Guests: Heather Carlton Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon Chair Brent Rakowski called the regular meeting to order at 7 p.m. A public hearing was scheduled on … Continue reading Development Review Board Minutes 2-18-2019
- Charge to the Basin Task Force - CHARGE to the DOWNTOWN-BASIN MASTER PLAN IMPLEMENTATION TASK FORCE aka: “Basin Task Force” 1. General Charge The Downtown-Basin Master Plan Implementation Task Force (Basin Task Force) established by the Mayor as set forth below shall be in an advisory capacity in matters pertaining to the implementation plans, policies and recommendations set forth in the Vergennes … Continue reading Charge to the Basin Task Force
- Development Review Board Minutes 1-21-2019 - DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD MINUTES REGULAR MEETING JANUARY 21, 2019 Members Present: Chair Brent Rakowski, Tim Cook, Steve Rapoport, Teresa Hyndman, Jason Farrell, (Don Peabody by phone). Members Absent: Jason Mullin Guests: Heidi Mahoney Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon Chair Brent Rakowski called the regular meeting to order at 7 p.m. Item #2 of the agenda … Continue reading Development Review Board Minutes 1-21-2019
- Development Review Board Agenda 2-18-2019 - AGENDA City of Vergennes – Development Review Board Regular Meeting – February 18, 2019 7 p.m. City Hall Amendments to the Agenda. Site Plan and Conditional Use Review – Carlton Airbnb application. Discussion of permit process for change of use from one permitted use to another permitted use – See attached comments from Mel Hawley. … Continue reading Development Review Board Agenda 2-18-2019