CITY OF VERGENNES
The annual City Election will be held on Tuesday, March 6, 2018. Nominating petitions are available at the City Clerk’s office for the following public offices:
• Three Aldermen for respective two-year terms; (Chabot, Donnelly & Perry)
• One Lister for a three-year term; (Bearor)
• One Auditor for a three-year term; (Broughton)
• One Commissioners to the Vergennes-Panton Water District Board of Directors for three-year terms; (Oxholm)
• One Grand Juror for a one-year term; (Pope)
• One Director to the Addison Northwest School District Board of Directors for a three-year term; (Koenig)
The deadline for filing petitions for local public office, signed by 1% of the legal voters (19 valid signatures), is Monday, January 29, 2018.
The deadline for filing petitions for articles to be included on the City Warning and ballot, signed by 5% of the legal voters (91 signatures), is Thursday, January 18, 2018.
Residents who are not registered voters can apply online at www.mvp.sec.state.vt.us, come into our office, or we can mail an application to you.
Joan T. Devine
Vergennes City Clerk