Draft Development Review Board Minutes
Regular Meeting October 21, 2019
Members Present: Chair Brent Rakowski, Vice-Chair Don Peabody, Steve Rapoport, Tim Cook, Carrie Macfarlane, Teresa Hyndman, Jason Mullin
Guests: Julianne Murat, Helene Murphy, James Amblo, Hazel Rakowski
Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon
Chair Brent Rakowski convened the meeting at 7 P.M.
- There were no changes to the agenda, although it was noted that the correct address of the Murat application is 104 Water Street.
- Julianne Murat presented the application for changes at 104 Water Street. The applicant proposed to remove part of the porch over the front door, and make the porch shallower. There would only be lights on the porch ceiling, although it is possible that lights might be added near the door. The Board felt that the improvements indicated were minor and do not significantly alter the building. Safety concerns were raised related to changes to the front door. If lights were to be added near the door, cut sheets for the door would be needed.
The Board noted that the warning for the public hearing should be for demolition and the exterior alterations.
Upon motion by Tim Cook, seconded by Jason Mullin, and approved by all the application was moved to public hearing on November 18, 2019.
- The Board went into a continuation of deliberative session on the Amblo application for changes at 210 Main Street. The draft decision was reviewed. Changes were made for the signature of Chair Brent Rakowski.
- The minutes of the regular meeting of September 16, 2019 were reviewed. Upon motion of Steve Rapoport, seconded by Tim Cook, and approved by all, the minutes of the meeting of September 16 were approved. The minutes of the special meeting of September 25, 2019 were reviewed. Upon motion of Tim Cook seconded by Don Peabody, and approved by all, the minutes of the special meeting of September 25, 2019 were approved.
- The election of a Board Secretary was deferred until the next meeting.
- The Zoning Administrator updated the Board on the status of unlicensed vehicles indicating that at present only one was moving to enforcement action. Don Peabody was selected to continue to serve as the DRB representative on the City Green Committee. Zoning Administrator Peter Garon shared information from the VLCT with regard to ex parte communication for discussion at next month’s meeting.
The Board asked Zoning Administrator Peter Garon to review abandonment of use for the front portion of the Denecker property on Main Street, and the vacated 802 Print space also on Main Street.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 9 p.m.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 P.M.
Peter Garon, Acting Recording Secretary
These are draft minutes and have not been reviewed or approved by the Development Review Board.