DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD
MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2018
Members Present: Brent Rakowski, Chair, Tim Cook, Jason Mullin, Steve Rapoport, Teresa Hyndman, Don Peabody, Jason Farrell
Guests: No guests were present.
Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon
Chair Brent Rakowski called the regular meeting to order at 7 p.m.
- There were no amendments to the agenda.
- Edward and Cecile Gebo – Request for waiver of side yard setback to construct an accessory dwelling. Multiple issues were raised by the Board about this application under Section 402. The first question was whether the proposed accessory dwelling meets the 30% regulation in 402 (2). In addition the Board needed more specifics with regard to property boundaries, what currently exists in terms of building envelope, and parking, elevation drawings for the new building, and the other aspects of Section 702. Zoning Administrator Garon will meet with applicants to develop more complete plans.
- Peter Garon -Demolition of Accessory Structure in Historic Neighborhood District (see Section 1604.F.11). Zoning Administrator Garon turned the recording of minutes over to Chair Brent Rakowski. The Board reviewed a description of the proposed demolition and pictures of the shed in question. Peter Garon noted that the structure was built about 20 years ago. Steve Rakowski made a motion that the demolition could go forward with no further action from the Board given the size and age of the shed. Motion seconded by Jason Ferrell. The motion passed on a 5 to 2 vote with Tim Cook and Don Peabody voting against the motion.
- Review and accept the minutes of the September 17, 2018 meeting. Don Peabody moved to accept the minutes with changes noted. Seconded by Tim Cook and approved unanimously.
- Planning Commission request for review of the Municipal Development Plan. Zoning Administrator Garon explained that the Planning Commission is beginning a review of the MDP and welcomes input from the DRB. To assist in this review, over the next several meetings, the Board will be assigned specific sections of Section 702 for discussion at subsequent meetings. Zoning Administrator Garon will coordinate with Planning Commission Chair, Shannon Haggett.
- Report of the Zoning Administrator. Zoning Administrator Garon discussed plans to make the application process more interactive, and provide more upfront direction for applicants. The Board discussed an issue related to the approved plan for the new Armory Land construction but took no action. Zoning Administrator Garon updated the Board on an issue with the sidewalk construction at 10 Main Street. The Board decision failed to inform the applicant that consultation and approval by the City was required before construction of the sidewalk. A letter has been sent to the applicant with details of that process.
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 820.
Peter Garon, Recording Secretary