Draft Development Review Board Minutes
Special Meeting, February 24, 2020
Members Present: Chair Brent Rakowski, Steve Rapoport, Carrie Macfarlane, Tim Cook, Jason Mullin
Absent: Vice-Chair Don Peabody, Teresa Hyndman
Guests: Leonard Duffy
Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon
Chair Brent Rakowski convened the meeting at 7 P.M.
- No changes to the agenda
- Site Plan and Conditional Use Review of an application from Leonard Duffy for a multi-family dwelling at 1 West Main Street. Leonard Duffy shared some historical information and photographs of earlier development on the site. There had been extensive development on the site in the 1960’s. It was part of the Shade Roller operation but had burned down.
He provided documents and details of his proposed building with 9 units of various sizes aimed at a retired or retiring population. The building will be two-stories, all handicapped accessible. There will be 18 parking spaces with walkways to make access easier. Seventy percent of the lot will remain open. There will be a thirty-foot buffer along the river, and a three-foot fence along a large part of the river border. As this lot is in the flood plain overlay district, he plans to have the lowest elevation about 2 feet above the 100-year flood mark. He provided information on lighting plans including a diagram of the outdoor lighting proposed.
The Board asked for information on elevations and reference points for comparison purposes. Both existing and proposed elevations should be shown. An elevation certificate from a certified engineer will be needed.
He is also proposing to change the sewer line location, and has discussed his plan with Jim Larrow.
On motion by Steve Rapoport, seconded by Jason Mullin, and approved by all, the application was deemed complete and moved to public hearing on March 16, 2020.
- On motion by Tim Cook, seconded by Steve Rapoport, and approved by all, the minutes of the regular meeting of November 18, 2019 were accepted with changes made.
- On motion by Tim Cook, seconded by Jason Mullin, and approved by all, the minutes of the regular meeting of December 16, 2019 were accepted with changes made.
- On motion by Tim Cook, seconded by Carrie Macfarlane, and approved by all, the minutes of the regular meeting of January 20, 2020 were accepted with changes made.
- Zoning Administrator Peter Garon shared proposed fee schedule changes with the Board. He also provided them with a review of zoning issues related to the proposed bicycle trail in McIntosh Park. At the request of Chair Brent Rakowski, he provided a printout of all zoning action taken in 2019. The Chair also asked that a schedule of meeting dates, taking into consideration changes due to holidays, be added to the city calendar.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 P.M.
Peter Garon, Acting Recording Secretary
These are draft minutes and have not been reviewed or approved by the DRB.