City of Vergennes – Development Review Board
Regular Meeting, November 18, 2019
City Hall, 7 PM
- Amendments to the Agenda
- Public Hearing – To consider the request by Didier and Julianne Murat to demolish part of a porch and make other exterior alterations to the existing structure at 104 South Water Street. The request will be considered under Section 1604 of the Zoning and Subdivision Regulations.
- Sketch Plan Review for changes at 34 North Street.
- Election of a Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary for the DRB.
- Discussion of possible changes to the Rules of Procedure and Rules of Ethics. (Any changes under consideration will be warned for and voted on at subsequent meetings.)
- Review and accept minutes of the regular meeting of October 21, 2019.
- Zoning Administrator Report
- sign issue
- Other Business
Development Review Board Minutes
Regular Meeting October 21, 2019
Members Present: Chair Brent Rakowski, Vice-Chair Don Peabody, Steve Rapoport, Tim Cook, Carrie Macfarlane, Teresa Hyndman, Jason Mullin
Guests: Julianne Murat, Helene Murphy, James Amblo, Hazel Rakowski
Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon
Chair Brent Rakowski convened the meeting at 7 P.M.
- There were no changes to the agenda, although it was noted that the correct address of the Murat application is 104 South Water Street.
- Julianne Murat presented the application for changes at 104 South Water Street. The applicant proposed to remove part of the porch over the front door, and make the porch shallower. There would only be lights on the porch ceiling, although it is possible that lights might be added near the door. The Board felt that the improvements indicated were minor and do not significantly alter the building. Safety concerns were raised related to changes to the front door. If lights were to be added near the door, cut sheets for the lights would be needed.
The Board noted that the warning for the public hearing should be for demolition and the exterior alterations.
Upon motion by Tim Cook, seconded by Jason Mullin, and approved by all, the application was moved to public hearing on November 18, 2019.
- The Board went into a continuation of deliberative session on the Amblo application for changes at 210 Main Street. The draft decision was reviewed. Upon motion by Tim Cook, seconded by Carrie Macfarlane, and approved by all, the Board directed Chair Brent Rakowski to sign the decision.
- The minutes of the regular meeting of September 16, 2019 were reviewed. Upon motion by Steve Rapoport, seconded by Tim Cook, and approved by all, the minutes of the meeting of September 16 were approved. The minutes of the special meeting of September 25, 2019 were reviewed. Upon motion of Tim Cook seconded by Don Peabody, and approved by all, the minutes of the special meeting of September 25, 2019 were approved.
- The election of a Board Secretary was deferred until the next meeting.
- The Zoning Administrator updated the Board on the status of unregistered vehicles indicating that at present only one was moving to enforcement action. Don Peabody was selected to continue to serve as the DRB representative on the City Green Committee. Zoning Administrator Peter Garon shared information from the VLCT with regard to ex parte communication for discussion at next month’s meeting.
The Board asked Zoning Administrator Peter Garon to review abandonment of use for the front portion of the Denecker property on Main Street, outside storage by Shaftsbury Cider at the Denecker property on Main Street, and the vacated 802 Print space in the back of 12 Main Street.
7. The meeting was adjourned at 9 p.m.
Peter Garon, Acting Recording Secretary