City of Vergennes – Development Review Board
Regular Meeting – October 15, 2018
- Amendments to the Agenda.
- Edward and Cecile Gebo – Request for waiver of side yard setback to construct an accessory dwelling.
- Peter Garon -Demolition of Accessory Structure in Historic Neighborhood District (see Section 1604.F.11)
- Review and accept minutes of previous meeting, September 17, 2018.
- Planning Commission request for review of Municipal Development Plan
- Report of Zoning Administrator
- Other Business
DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2018
Members Present: Brent Rakowski, Vice-Chair, Tim Cook, Jason Mullin, Steve Rapoport, Teresa Hyndman, Don Peabody, alternate – Lowell Bertrand
Members Absent: Jason Farrell
Guests: No guests were present.
Present: Zoning Administrator Peter Garon
Vice-Chair Brent Rakowski called the regular meeting to order at 7 p.m.
- There were no amendments to the agenda.
- Introduction of new member, Teresa Hyndman. Mutual introductions were made.
- Pending Decision – Lincoln Geronimo, LLC, 33 Green Street, Chang Use of Community Center to retail store, Site Plan Review. Motion was made by Lowell to direct the Vice-Chair to sign the decision with changes noted. Seconded by Steve and approved unanimously.
- Pending Decision – Pflaster Investments, LLC (Owner) and Zhen Ting and Ling Lee (Applicant) for site plan review and conditional use review to change the use of the southerly portion of the first floor to a restaurant, construct an addition on the back of the building associated with the proposed restaurant, and other related site improvements at 10 Main Street. The Board added a condition to the draft decision, that the applicant would provide “traffic flow signage consistent with the submitted plan”. Motion was made by Tim to direct the Vice-Chair to sign the decision with changes noted. Seconded by Lowell and approved unanimously.
- Review and accept the minutes of the August 20, 2018 meeting. Steve moved to accept the minutes with changes noted. Seconded by Jason and approved unanimously.
- Organizational Meeting: Brent was elected Chair, and Don was elected Vice-Chair on a motion from Tim, seconded by Steve, and approved unanimously. These changes will be in effect until the usual organizational meeting in November.
- Report of Zoning Administrator. Member contact list circulated. Discussion of potential uses for the currently vacant gas station on Main Street. The Board was of the opinion that a restaurant was not an allowed use in that district. Concern was expressed about the potential hazard waste behind Cumberland Farms. Contacts have been made to ANR with no action taken at this time.
- Other business. Tim asked for feedback on the Planning Commission Community Forum. The general consensus was that it was a positive event that generated a lot of community discussion. It is just the beginning of the process, but certainly a good start.
- Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 820.
Peter Garon, Acting Recording Secretary